August 23, 2009

Best Chocolate Fondue Ever

This is a recipe I found here, after panicking when I realized I was out of chocolate chips and therefore couldn't do my usual shortcut method. It is delish.


1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup of water
1 cup of milk
1 can of condensed milk
1/4 cup of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine the sugar and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Add in the water and stir until completely blended. Turn to medium heat. Stir in both types of milk and the butter. Stir constantly until it begins to boil, and then stir while it lightly boils for about 10 minutes. (When I made this it took the full 10 minutes to thicken). Remove from heat. Add the vanilla.

Pour into a fondue pot to serve, or be awesome like us and dunk everything straight into the saucepan. This makes 3-4 cups!

No comments: