- 2 small summer squash, (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fennel bulb, (about 1 small bulb), plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Quarter squash lengthwise, then cut crosswise into
1-inch pieces. Combine the squash with sliced fennel, oil, thyme, salt
and pepper in a large bowl. Spread the mixture evenly on a large, rimmed
baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and roast until the
vegetablesare tender and the fennel is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes more. Stir in fennel fronds and serve.