May 18, 2009

gimme your best pancake

i have two:

cinnamon-oat pancakes
(from everyday food magazine)

2 C flour
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 t ground cinnamon
2 C old-fashioned rolled oats
2 C milk
2 large eggs
1/4 C vegetable oil

it calls for grinding up the oats first in a food processor, but i actually just used quick oats and it worked out great...although i think i put a little bit less of the oats in than it called for. SUPER filling, but a really good way to hide oatmeal so my kids will actually eat it!

variation on apple pancakes
(my own twist on a johnson family favorite)

1 C flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
2 beaten eggs
2 T oil
milk 'til right consistency
1-2 small grated apples

serve with fat-free sour cream and powdered sugar on top. this makes it taste like cream cheese frosting and actually doesn't add any more calories than your standard syrup would.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm, yum! I have been needing a good pancake recipe, so thanks!

leah said...

y-es- I wanted your apple pancake recipe- they were scrumptious! I hope I find a good recipe to contribute soon!

Amy said...

Jamie I just tried the cinnamon oat ones for Father's Day breakfast---you're right, they ARE filling! (we had already eaten omelette so maybe that didn't help) Anyway, they are really good and I am for sure going to make them again.