May 21, 2009

Allergen Free Pancakes TO DIE FOR!

My family had to embrace the non-dairy, non-egg side of life when our little Talmage came to us and to our complete JOY, some of the recipes we have found are actually better than the ones we used before. This recipe for pancakes happens to be one (found in Sophie-Safe Cooking.) I think that even if Talmage outgrows his allergy to milk and eggs, we will still use this recipe for pancakes! Try them! YUMMY!

Pancakes
2 cups flour
2 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (don't be scared of this - you CAN NOT taste it!)
2 cups soy milk
2 TBSP oil

Variation: I like to add cinnamon to taste along with shredded apples and a little apple sauce - really good!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Jamie and friends. I'd like to vote for some labels for our posts so that it's easier to find recipes later. It's a piece of cake to do in blogger. Not sure what those labels would be--perhaps breakfast, lunch, dinner? Maybe main dishes, sides, salads, soups? Probably let everyone categorize their own recipes. Anyhow, it's easy for me to say, since I haven't posted anything yet, but I will, so I thought I'd make the suggestion.

jamie said...

great idea, amy.

i think for breakfast foods, bread, soup, salad and sweets, we should label accordingly. i think other dishes should be labeled by main ingredient like "chicken" or "pasta" or "vegetarian" or whatever.