December 09, 2011

jam thumbprint cookies

these cookies are Christmas to me.

ingredients

2/3 C butter
1/3 C sugar
2 eggs, divided
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 C flour
your favorite jam--i like raspberry or pineapple apricot
finely chopped nuts or flaked coconut

directions

cream together butter and sugar til fluffy. add egg yolks, vanilla and salt and beat well. gradually add flour, mixing well. shape into 3/4 in balls; dip in eggs whites, then roll in nuts or coconut. place 1 in apart on a cookie sheet. press center of each cookie down with thumb. fill with jam. bake @ 350 for 15 minutes. makes 3 dozen.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Me too. I have to have them each year. I also have to roll some in coconut and leave some without since my ridiculous husband doesn't like coconut. I actually put almond flavoring in mine and not vanilla. LOVE it.